The visual journal of award winning photographer Kerry Curl

August 08, 2018

GFW 2018 - Norwich University of the Arts (NUA)

Firmly on my calendar for the last 5 years has been Graduate Fashion Week (GFW), at the beginning I attended as a guest and then eventually to photographing the runway and documenting the event from a backstage perspective. 

Exhibiting work is an important part of the creative process. It allows us to share and develop, engage with an audience and hone our voice. As a Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) recent graduate myself (2017 BA (Hons) Photography) 
The nature of my work is often collaborative and even when taking a documentary approach backstage by work needs others - the rush of the models between sets, the frantic hair & makeup touch ups and of course the designers themselves - not just for the garments they have made but for the energy they bring as creatives. 

I have had GFW scheduled in before the previous year’s had even ended and of course NUA were one of my absolute must shoot shows. It’s partly a sense of loyalty to my fellow NUA’ers and partly wanting to support the uni which had supported me in my creative endeavours. Perhaps the work of this uni will therefore always have a place on my diary, like a ‘house’ I feel I belong to. I say this almost as a disclaimer, I may be too close to have full objectivity. So although I can tell you the class of 2018 put on an excellent show, I will let the images to the talking instead
Designer Alice Barney


Designer Harriet Bornemann

Designer Alice Barney

Designer Nina Law

Designer Rachel Yim

Designer Nina Law

Designer Esme Evans

Designer Alice Barney

Designer Nina Law

Designer Esme Evans

Designer Laura Sutton

Add caption
Designers Alice Barney and Harriet Bornemann

To discuss commissions or general enquires feel free to email me - hello@kerrycurl.com
Visit my website - kerrycurl.com
Say hi on instagram 
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig