The visual journal of award winning photographer Kerry Curl

December 31, 2018

Photograd Instagram takeover

Join me over on the Photograd instagram for a few days starting from today (31st Dec) as I've started an instagram take over for the next few days. I'll be sharing some portrait work and reflecting back on 2018 and probably looking ahead to 2019. The first couple of posts are already up. 

Click HERE for the Photograd IG and if you're not following my IG or just fancy catching up with recent posts click HERE 






Happy New Year’s Eve everybody. It’s @kerrycurl taking over the Photograd instagram for the next couple of days. I’m a photographic artist working with photography, moving image and installation. I graduated from @norwichuniarts 2017, so for me 2018 has been my first full year as a graduate. I began the year feeling a bit scared if I’m honest… 2017 had been non stop, two degree shows, graduating was followed by being exhibited a further three times including London (Brick Lane) , Norwich (East Gallery) and also nationally with BJP’S Portrait of Britain. Along with commissions I left 2017 wondering what 2018 would bring (and what if it brought nothing?…) Naturally a reflective artist, a new year for me is both a good time to look back as well as forward. Over this instagram takeover, I’ll be sharing some of the work I’ve made during my first full year out of uni along with some of my current thoughts on 2019 plans. I’ll also be adding to IG stories and I’ll add a questions option so feel free to ask away. This image was made with Designer/Choreographer @wamyollett. Taken to document Amy’s ‘Milk’ collection. I’ll share a few more from this project in the next post. Model/dancer @daanielleks #Photograd #Graduate #Photography #PhotographyGraduate #UniversityGraduate #IGTakeover #InstagramTakeover #PhotogradTakeover #InstaTakeover
A post shared by Photograd (@_photograd) on


Some more images to document Designer/Choreographer @wamyollett’s collection ‘Milk’. Amy’s performance background plays a key role in her Design practice and our shared curiosity in exploring how the body and clothes interact with each other through movement means Amy is someone I just love to work with. The day before this shoot Amy had premiered the pieces in the collection as a fashion dance performance, which I also photographed and I’ll share some of those in the next post. If you’d like to see more images from this shoot and read about Amy’s collection there’s a great interview with her on @versemag. I really enjoy reading interviews with other creatives - especially in different creative fields. Shot with model/dancer @daanielleks Photograd IG takeover by @kerrycurl #Photograd #Graduate #Photography #PhotographyGraduate #UniversityGraduate #IGTakeover #InstagramTakeover #PhotogradTakeover #InstaTakeover
A post shared by Photograd (@_photograd) on

To discuss commissions or general enquires feel free to email me - hello@kerrycurl.com
Visit my website - kerrycurl.com
Say hi on instagram  
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig