The visual journal of award winning photographer Kerry Curl

May 21, 2018

Visiting Lecturer - Norwich University of the Arts


As we countdown to another Graduate Fashion Week (one of my favourite events of the year) I was invited to visit the Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) BA Fashion Communication and Promotion year three's to look at some of their projects and chat over the ideas and concepts behind them. Together with Andi Sapey and Steve Spacey the students discussed their work and then we had the really difficult challenge of looking at the GFW Award categories and seeing which student's work would be a good fit.

Now, it was only last year that I myself was in the position of being nominated by NUA for the GFW Fashion Photography Award so to now, one year later be on the other side of nominations is such an honour! Massive well done to all the students who shared their work with us, there are some really exciting ideas coming out of this course. If I hadn't done my BA in Photography, I probably would have looked at doing Fash Comms as plan B.

Good luck (and thanks for having me) to all those nominated for GFW Awards, fingers crossed for the shortlist. I was a finalist in the GFW Fashion Photography award and it was such a great experience. This will be the first time NUA Fash Comms have been to GFW, 2018 is an important year for this course as being a relatively new course this is their first wave of grads. Do go and check out their work at the exhibition and in the mean time you can keep an eye on them via the course IG account
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig